Letters of note : an eclectic collection of correspondence deserving of a wider audience / compiled by Shaun Usher.
- 6 of 8 copies at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy at Wolcott Public Library.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Wolcott Public Library||808.86 USHE (Text to phone)||34031127128267||Adult Nonfiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781452134253 (hardback)
- ISBN: 1452134251 (hardback)
- Physical Description: xvi, 352 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm
- Publisher: San Francisco : Chronicle Books, 2014.
|General Note:|| "First published in Great Britain in 2013 by Canongate Books Ltd in conjunction with Unbound"--Title page verso.
|Summary, etc.:|| "This collection of 125 letters offers a never-before-seen glimpse of the events and people of history--the brightest and the best, the most notorious, and the endearingly everyday. Letters are not ordered chronologically or thematically, but are artfully arranged for a discovery-rich reading experience. Each entry includes a transcript of the letter; a short contextual introduction; and, in 100 cases, a facsimile of the letter itself"-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject